Since we're covering a lot of rhythm concepts and drills, and some general music theory in online lessons with our students, we wanted to take a moment to give a shout-out to Tessa Antolini! This is a brilliant exercise in breaking down the "rolling count" to a song element OTHER than the rhythm line (usually the bass guitar or percussion). Like ourselves, she also has a ballroom background, and we have her on our list of possible guest instructors for an ItMtD Intensive in the future. We've enjoyed working with her on our own dancing, and have been privileged to consider her a friend for nearly a decade, now! We recommend considering one of her online Friday group classes when you can. ...
While we continue to teach virtual (Zoom) lessons here at In the Mood to Dance, we wanted to make mention of some great opportunities from some of the great dancers we work with. Flore & Phillipe are two of the best Showcase Westies around. We definitely recommend checking them out! ...
It saddens us, but we have come to the decision that this event has to be cancelled.
While we had created safety protocols in conjunction with dozens of other event directors around the world, the greater restrictions of the "modified Phase 2" Executive Order made it impossible to continue with this event as scheduled. Other events still on the schedule made it impossible to select another date for reschedule.
At this time, we have sent direct communications to everyone holding a current registration for Intensive #6. Where possible, we have offered either a transfer to Intensive #7 (with Robert Royston) in 2021 or an exchange for private lessons through In the Mood to Dance. All current registrants also have the option to receive a refund, and directions for that are included in that email.
We remain committed to bringing Matt Auclair to the area for our dance family, and Mr. Auclair has readily agreed. We have two other coaches already in the pipeline for ItMtD events, so we are working to bring Mr. Auclair as soon thereafter as possible.
We are anxious to see our dance family again! Until then, please be safe and take care of your health. ...
During this time of public health concern, we are following the guidelines that we believe to be best practices. We are following the recommendations from Governor Cooper's office as the most credible source guided by expert opinion.
In the coming weeks, we have two (2) special events scheduled for which these guidelines are important. We urge all registrants to monitor our Facebook page for all updates on any changes required by these guidelines. For both events, all attendees are expected to wash their hands with soap and water upon arrival, and are encouraged to repeat the process through the event.
The April 4th event has a hard limit of 30 registrations for sale. With staffing, we expect no more than 35 people involved. This falls well within the Governor's guidelines of 100. There is no social dance associated with the April 4th event because we felt that a social dance with this coach in attendance would be likely to exceed the limit.
The April 11th & 12th event does not currently have a maximum limit on the Intensive or the group classes. If the Governor's guidlelines change or registration begin to approach the current limits, we will impose a maximum then. We have imposed a maximum on the social dance scheduled for April 11th to avoid the current gathering limit. In the event that the gathering limit is reduced below it's current setting, the social dance will be cancelled. In the event of cancellation, all direct purchase ticket transactions will be voided.
Please monitor our Facebook page for any changes. ...
All private lessons to be taught in In the Mood to Dance's private dance room, located at 456 Rose Lane, Raleigh, NC, located on your left as you pull into the drive. Please park in the back and come up the wooden stairs to your lesson space.
1) Three weeks to pre-register for Intensive #6 with Champion Matt Auclair. (Intensive is Easter weekend, 4/11&12.)
2) Due to public health concerns, we have now put a cap on tickets to the social dance, meeting the guidelines established by Governor Cooper & the NCDHHS. Class sizes are not expect to reach the limits, so we are not capping them at this time.
3) Robert Royston is teaching a 5-hour Intensive on Saturday, April 4th. Space is limited to 30 registrants. Registration is currently invite-only.
4) Royston has been kind enough to offer a a discount to ItMtD students taking Intensive #6 with Matt Auclair. 10 spots are currently available on that event's registration page.
5) Currently, the only way to guarantee a place in Royston's Intensive is to purchase the "Super Combo" on the Intensive #6 registration page.
6) Students are expected to wash their hands upon arrival for all portions of Intensive #6 and for the Royston Intensive.
7) Please send us a PM if you have any questions. ...